When you are ready your appointed funeral director can if you prefer place a press announcement in the paper/s on your behalf. The two most commonly asked for local newspapers are: The Shropshire Star and/or the Chronicle. We can also put the announcement in any other regional or national newspaper upon your request.
Here is some information you may like to add to the press announcement:
- The name of the deceased, including their maiden name if relevant.
- Their former career or profession
- The date and place of their passing
- The name of their spouse/partner, any children, or grandchildren.
- The location, date, and time of the funeral service
- Any specific colours or dress code the family would prefer attendees to wear.
- The details of the preferred charity for those that would like to make a donation.
- If you would prefer no flowers or ‘Family Flowers only’ please include this.