- Arrange the funeral ceremony you want with a trusted and long-established local independent funeral directors
- Our funeral plans can be tailored to your needs
- Help save your family from the worry of funeral costs
- A choice of plans and flexible payment options available
Plan ahead with W.R.R. Pugh & Son Funeral Directors
When you’re thinking about something as important as your funeral arrangements, it makes sense to talk directly to the experts. We fully understand it’s not always easy to talk about dying with anyone – let alone those closest to you. But by planning ahead you can be certain that you’ll get the funeral you want, and at the same time save your family from any stress or difficult decisions over your funeral wishes.
As independent funeral directors, we’ll take the time to understand your wishes and tailor a plan to suit you exactly. We will gladly meet you at our premises or in your home at a time that suits you.
A wide range of professional services
You can tell us about any preferences you have in mind – the type of funeral you would like to have, hymns, music or any other personal touches – and we’ll make sure your plan takes these into account.
- Private Chapels of Rest
- Full written quotations
- Personalised orders of service
- Private car park and disabled access
- Professional in-house florist
- Environmentally friendly options
What funeral costs do I need to cover?
As well as the funeral director’s services, which are guaranteed to be covered as set out in your plan, there are other costs you need to consider.
Funeral Director Services
The following costs are guaranteed to be covered by your Independent Way Funeral Plan. They typically include:
- Professional services and making arrangements for cremation or burial
- Conveyance of the deceased from the place of death to the funeral director’s premises, chapel of rest or other suitable location
- Care of the deceased and preparations for family viewing if requested
- Advice on the certification and registration of death and related documentation.
- Provision of funeral vehicles, coffin or casket requested, and advice on bereavement counselling.
Third Party Costs
Example of third part costs which can be included as a contribution in your plan:
- Crematorium fee, Clergy or Officiant’s fee
- Fees for an organist
- Cemetery fees: the opening of a new grave or an existing grave for burial or interment of cremated remains.
- Hire of church or other venue.
- Floral tribute, newspaper announcement and a printed order of service.
A trusted provider
At W.R.R. Pugh & Son we use Golden Charter Funeral Plans because:
They are one of the largest funeral plan providers in the UK
Established over 25 years ago in 1990, working only with independent funeral directors around the country, like us.
Over 700,000 people have trusted them with their funeral arrangements
Golden Charter are the only funeral plan provider recommended by the Society of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors (SAIF)
Alternatively; request your free info pack via:
Not sure if your loved one had a funeral plan or which company it was taken out with?
- Contact us – we can check our records to see if we have a copy of their funeral plan on file, we will just need their information.
- Alternatively; you can use the funeral planning authority’s trace a plan service, by filling in the form with the plan holder’s details here (please hyperlink web address) https://funeralplanningauthority.co.uk/trace-a-plan/